Thursday 5 March 2020

6TH GRADE: UNIT 4: AT THE THEATRE: GRAMMAR (Explanation)

COMPARATIVES AND SUPERLATIVES ADJECTIVES

We use THAN after the comparative adjective:
My sister is shyer THAN my brother.




Adjectives that end in one vowel and one consonant double the consonant.

  • Look! This is the biggest church in Italy!
  • My hair is thinner than yours.
  • Yesterday was hotter than today.

Adjectives ending in -y change the -y in -i.
  • Lucy is happier than me.
  • This TV programme is funnier than the one we saw yesterday.

THAN is always used with comparatives to introduce the second element in a comparison.




THE COMPARATIVE



THE SUPERLATIVE




7 comments:

  1. HI Blanca I like your play!!!
    Alba

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Blanca I like your play!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your play
    Alba

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I'm Daniel, i'm studing for the exam, they are the best ejercices in the word ;-) ☺☺

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello Blanca I am Sarah I studing for the exam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Blanca!!! I visited your blog I saw some videos and I played some games.
    It's very funny.
    Bye bye see you tomorrow.
    Lucía 6TH grade.

    ReplyDelete